Our world is changing drastically before our eyes – are you ready for what lies ahead? One of the world’s foremost experts on global trends presents a groundbreaking analysis of how COVID-19 will amplify and accelerate each of these changes.
When the world was once divided between prosperous and backward economies, it was neatly arranged. It was a time when babies abound, workers outnumber retirees, and people want to own cars and homes.
It was not necessary for companies to look beyond Europe and the United States to succeed. Printing money was legal tender for all debts, public and private. As we grew up, we learned how to “play the game”, and we expected the rules to remain the same as we began our careers, started families, and saw our children grow up.
There was a time when those rules and that world were relevant.
A new reality will take hold by 2030, and before you know it:
- Grandparents will outnumber grandchildren
- Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa will have a larger middle class than the US and Europe combined
- Throughout modern history, the global economy will be driven by non-Western consumers
- Women will own more global wealth than men
- Robots will outnumber workers
- Human brains will be outnumbered by computers
- More currencies will exist than countries
In 2030, all of these trends will converge and transform everything you know about culture, the economy, and the world.